Skip to main content

Check Up with Family

Dear Father,
    I miss you and mother dearly. I'm pushing through the troubles over here in the army. Everyday I pray for y'all. Especially my brother, so please show him my love. How is he doing with his recovery from losing his leg? I'm making sure the Yankees pay for what they did to him and for what they’ve caused our family. They’ve made us poor and bitter to one another and it’s about time they owe up for the pain they’ve caused the Confederate States of America. How is the dirt doing this time of year? Fred better be helping out with y'all on the farm considering I payed for him. He should be pleased to get the opportunity to help out anyways. Please take care of one another while my other brothers and I fight for our freedom and our rights. I love y'all and I'll try to check In again as soon as possible.
Sincerely, your son,
Andy Hatfield


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption day

Dear Susan, As you know today is my adoption day, but we are on the run from the dreadful yanks. My wonderful general has baked me and my regiments a cake to congratulate me. I broke down in tears at the thoughtfulness he shows even in such a dire time as this one. Our general has some humor and that is what we love about him, he wrote HAIL DIXIE on the cake. I hope y’all are really safe and that the yanks have not marched on our home. As we exit this dreadful time I really hope to see you again and until that time I will keep praying for your safety. With love Sergeant Fred Bloom Jr.

Enlistment Blog

Dearest Susan,

Everyday I am away from you I become more and more longing for your sugar sweet voice and your soft embrace, and though I think of you every moment of the day I fear I cannot last much longer. This bloody war the north have started will, I fear, will be the death of the south and the safety of the black man. This war has thought me more than a school could ever teach a man. I was thinking of our little boy and I was wondering how his schooling was going and if he would like a rifle and the proper equipment, this would be hard to come by but if he found pleasure in these items I would be more than delighted to oblige.

Sincerely,
       Fred Bloom Jr.